hide URL and List fields

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Is there a way to hide the URL and List fields and just show the fields I set in the ViewFields Property?  I am really only interested in being able to show only those fields I need, and the location fields aren't needed.  Thanks

Oct 23, 2008 at 4:58 PM
Steve,

Yes, there is.

1. Open the Web Part Properties Panel and expand the Illustris node
  2. Click the ViewFields ellipsis builder ( ... )
  3. Add to the text:
  4.    <FieldRef Name='List' Hidden='True' />
  5. Click Apply Button
  6. Click OK Button

That will hide the ListName and URL, this also applies to any other List columns that wish to be hidden

Doug Ortiz
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:33 PM
When I add <FieldRef Name="List' Hidden='True'> line to the ViewFields text box, this hides 'All' other FieldRefs specified. Is there a specific order to write this line? Can I suppress only the URL?
Also, on a positive note, "Great WebPart", thank you for all your effort in creating this component! Do you think you will put the source up at some point? Regards,
Joe
Mar 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM
I would also like to say thank you Doug for a Great WebPart...

Joe;

I think I'm having the same issue, when I added the <FieldRef Name='List' Hidden='True'/> to the ViewFields text I started receiving " There are no results to display.  " message.  

Here's what my FieldView section looks like, 
<FieldRef Name='ITGL ID' Nullable='True' /><FieldRef Name='Executive Owner' Nullable='True'/>
Notice I removed the FieldRef Name for the "Title" field, its still added in the result set, but tring to filter on it diesn't work, this behavior is probably by design, being added to the result set is fine just wish I could change the column display name back to "Title" instead of ListItem.

I was only able to change the order of fields after the Title field...

Thanks
Gerald
Jan 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Great Web Part - Thanks for your efforts!

I have the same problem as a previouos poster - wanting to hide the URL and List columns - I followed your suggestion but I also get nothing returned when I add the suggested CAML.

Is it possible to just hide the two fileds; URL and List?

Thanks once again.

Paul